VANILLA - internet services, simple.
We supply a Telkom ADSL line installation at no cost.
When applying for a line, the Telkom setup process can take from 2 days to 1 month to install and is NOT available on pre-paid lines.
When cancelling a line, you are required to notify us 30 days in advance if you wish to avoid having to pay for an additional month's rental.
The line that you choose will determine the maximum speed of your connection (i.e. how fast web pages and emails will download)
|Telkom line speed||Monthly cost|
ADSL Benefits and FAQs
- Why choose Vanilla?
- What is ADSL?
- Why get ADSL?
- What you will need?
- Vital ADSL settings
- What ADSL speed do I need?
- Whats the difference between unshaped and shaped ADSL?
- What is Dynamic DNS?
- Do I have to sign a fixed-term contract?
- At what speed will my ADSL service operate?
- Will ADSL work in my area?
- Is DSL different to ADSL?
- I have more than one computer on a network. Can I use a Vanilla account?
- What is a ADSL splitter?
- ADSL vs Dial-up vs 3G-HSDPA
- How do I configure my ADSL connection?
- TP-LINK TD-W8960N router
- TP-LINK TD-8840 router
- TP-LINK TD-W8901G router
- Linksys Wireless-N (WAG120N)
- Netgear Router Legacy modems
- Linksys Wireless-G (WAG200G/WAG54G2)
- TP-LINK TD-8816 router
- Shiro DSL805EW modem/router
- Shiro DSL805EU modem/router
- Billion BiPAC5200S ADSL modem/router
- Telkom Marconi modem/router Operating systems
- Windows XP
- Mac OS X
- Ubuntu Edgy
- Can I use more than one ADSL ISP connection at the same time? (e.g. separate local and international)
- How can do I set up port forwarding on my router?
Vanilla supply dozens of different qualities of ADSL internet access. In order to get internet access using one of the services mentioned below you will need an ADSL line (see insert on far right) and an ADSL modem.
If the quality of your internet experience is important to you we recommend a metered account. You only pay for the data that you have transferred (left column below). If you are looking for the cheapest way to download as much data as possible then we also provide fixed price access (right).
Metered Access (pay per usage)
We recommend these accounts to everyone looking for high quality, high speed internet access.
We realise that a particular network may underperform at any particular time due to maintenance or upgrades and in the event that you ever experience reduced performance on one network you can try another network. All you have to do is change the username and password on your modem. Our friendly support staff will gladly assist you to do so. See our contact page.
Fixed Price Access
We recommend these accounts for those that need bulk/low cost access, they are ideal for email and downloading large amounts of data or primarily need good local performance.
Basic Uncapped Unmetered Access
You can use as much as possible for a fixed price. Just keep in mind with these accounts, that resellers like Vanilla keep selling them, but the network providers do not consistently lay new fibre to accomodate the increased number of users. More users on the same size fibre pipe at the same time will result in slower speed for all.
See our Hall of Fame for most downloaded with these accounts.
Fixed Price Capped Access
These packages are largely for local bandwidth, high-quantity, low cost, quality access. They will work at the maximum speed of your adsl line and are ideal for downloaders, and gamers who are seeking a more affordable option to play their favourite local games.